Grief is a natural process people go through when they experience
loss. People grieve over many things, including, but not limited to,
the death of a loved one, broken relationships, infertility, job loss,
financial distress, diagnosis with physical or mental illness, damaged
or lost body parts, and lost hopes or dreams. No two people experience
loss in the same way or in the same timeframe. Even close family members
and spouses can grieve very differently, which can sometimes cause
misunderstandings or tension. Many people do not feel well supported
in their grief, yet they must find a way to work through this experience
in order to lead healthy lives into the future.
We understand that grief is painful and it is hard work. Professional counseling can be enormously helpful in times of grief. Experts can assist grievers in understanding normal grief reactions, working through their unique issues and finding meaning in their grief experiences. We offer a variety of opportunities to work through grief, including individual, couple and family counseling.
Signs that you may need grief counseling include:
- Feeling significant sadness, depression, anger, guilt, hopelessness, or anxiety
- Decreased ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Difficulty sleeping since the loss
- Extreme emotions
- Concerns about your ability to cope
- Fear you are losing your mind
- Physical distress such as pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest pain, and muscle tension
- Worry about your family's coping
- Remorse over past behavior
- Distress over other losses
- Multiple stressors
- Thought of hurting yourself or others
To learn more about grief counseling at Council for Relationships, please contact us at 215-382-6680.
Operation Home and Healing
CFR Experts in the Media
Healthwatch: Sibling Bullying
Talking to Children About a Tragedy
Be a Better You:
What You Need in the Bedroom
CBS3 Talk Philly
Be a Better You: Happy Marriage
CBS3 Talk Philly
Every week, CFR's experts offer advice in the media on a variety of topics. See all media highlights.
3 Sessions for only $99
Make an appointment
Take the next step. Partner with one of our caring professionals.
Or, contact us directly at (215) 382-6680
or by filling out our online form