CHRONIC ILLNESS COUNSELING
Chronic illness counseling for individuals, couples and families
helps people cope with the emotional challenges associated with chronic
and life-threatening illness.
We recognize that living with a chronic or life-threatening illness can be difficult for patients and their family members, often disrupting daily routines, taxing family resources, and creating marriage and family conflicts. Patients and family members may experience anxiety, depression or other psychological symptoms linked directly to the distress of chronic illness. These symptoms can exacerbate the medical condition, hampering the ability to follow treatment and creating family turmoil.
We can help.
Following a careful assessment of your unique needs, we focus therapy on:
- dealing with the crisis of initial diagnosis
- reducing stress through the use of self-relaxation and other behavioral stress management techniques
- identifying individual, couple and family strengths
- helping parents deal with behavioral and emotional problems in a child affected by chronic illness
- helping partners with care taking and self-care issues
- teaching behavioral pain management techniques
- improving self-esteem
- maintaining intimacy and dealing with sexual issues
- coping with grief and loss associated with a chronic or life-threatening illness
We treat people facing a multitude of conditions, including (but not limited to): Arthritis, Alzheimers, Asthma, Diabetes, Chronic pain, Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Hypertension, Muscular Dystrophy, Chron's, Colitis, Epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis.
Operation Home and Healing
CFR Experts in the Media
Healthwatch: Sibling Bullying
Talking to Children About a Tragedy
Be a Better You:
What You Need in the Bedroom
CBS3 Talk Philly
Be a Better You: Happy Marriage
CBS3 Talk Philly
Every week, CFR's experts offer advice in the media on a variety of topics. See all media highlights.
3 Sessions for only $99
Make an appointment
Take the next step. Partner with one of our caring professionals.
Or, contact us directly at (215) 382-6680
or by filling out our online form