MEN'S EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM:
EXPLORING MASCULINITY AND RELATIONSHIPS
Classes & Programs
The Men’s Group is an 8-week Empowerment Program to help men explore their past and present relationships. Attention will be paid to the myths of masculinity as well as negative messages that challenge men as they seek emotional maturity and intimacy in their lives. Using lecture, movie clips and group discussion, participants will learn how to develop and strengthen relationship skills to foster healthy connections with others. The goals of the Men’s Group are:
- To improve communication skills;
- To reduce negative interactional patterns;
- To increase the ability to sustain emotional attachment;
- To understand the impact of gender on the development of emotional bonds.
The Men’s Group emphasizes that the adult experience of feeling and acting like a man is set into motion in childhood. During this time, the availability of a secure, loving bonding relationship is important because it is within this ‘attachment relationship’ that a boy evolves into an emotionally healthy, empathic man.
The topics covered during the program are:
- The male attachment experience;
- Exploring gender similarities and differences;
- Understanding emotions;
- Fathers and sons: exploring masculinity;
- Loneliness and depression: the male experience;
- Male identity: rescuer, protector, warrior;
- Mother and sons: closeness without fusion;
- Forgiveness: cultivating compassion;
Cost: $395 includes book and hand-outs
Click Here for a Registration Form
- New class dates to be announced.
Saturday mornings, 9:30 am - 11 am in Concordville, PA
Course Leaders: Kerstin Miller, MDiv, LMFT and Nancy DePaul, MSW, LMFT, LCSW
Contact: Kerstin Miller, MDiv, LMFT: 610-889-0419 ext. 6
Operation Home and Healing
CFR Experts in the Media
Healthwatch: Sibling Bullying
Talking to Children About a Tragedy
Be a Better You:
What You Need in the Bedroom
CBS3 Talk Philly
Be a Better You: Happy Marriage
CBS3 Talk Philly
Every week, CFR's experts offer advice in the media on a variety of topics. See all media highlights.
3 Sessions for only $99
Make an appointment
Take the next step. Partner with one of our caring professionals.
Or, contact us directly at (215) 382-6680
or by filling out our online form